- Автор: Emily Brontë
- Издательство: Oxford
- Категория: Книги для чтения
- Возраст: старшая школа, молодежь и взрослые
- Уровень сложности: Upper-intermediate (B2)
- Серия: Oxford Bookworms Library
- Формат: 198 x 129 мм
- Количество страниц: 112
- Год издания: 2008
- Компонеты: книга без диска / книга с диском
The wind is strong on the Yorkshire moors. There are few trees, and fewer houses, to block its path. There is one house, however, that does not hide from the wind. It stands out from the hill and challenges the wind to do its worst. The house is called Wuthering Heights.
When Mr Earnshaw brings a strange, small, dark child back home to Wuthering Heights, it seems he has opened his doors to trouble. He has invited in something that, like the wind, is safer kept out of the house.
English Type: British English.