- Автор: Brigit Viney
- Издательство: Oxford
- Категория: Книги для чтения
- Возраст: старшая школа, молодежь и взрослые
- Уровень сложности: Intermediate (B1 - B2)
- Серия: Oxford Bookworms Factfiles
- Формат: 216 x 129 мм
- Количество страниц: 96
- Год издания: 2008
- Компонеты: книга без диска / книга с диском
About a quarter of the people in the world today speak or use English. In homes and schools, offices and meeting rooms, ships and airports, people are speaking English...
How has this happened? How did English begin, and what will become of it in the future? The history of the English language is a journey through space and time, from thousands of years ago to today and beyond, and to all parts of the world. Come on that journey and meet the monks and soldiers, the kings and scientists, the printers, poets, and travellers who have helped to make the English of today.
English Type: British English.
Genre: Factfiles (non-fiction).